Monday, February 9, 2009

so much has happened since i last posted, well a week has gone by...right after i ate the cricket i went to my room to get my bike pump for a maintenance class, as i was opening it, i sliced my finger open with my pocket knife, lots of blood, one trip to the hospital and four stitches later i was bandaged up and on pain killers...one week later (today) i got my stitches out and can finally get my hand wet and ride my bike again, its been a pain in the you know what...i've lost some feeling in the tip of my finger and can't bend it too well, but it should come back in about a month or so...
in other news i've moved into my homestay! i have a grandmother and grandfather an older sister and her 12 year old son...so far we all get along great and went sightseeing this weekend, but they dont speak english and i dont really speak thai....so you get the jist

tonight we are back at the hotel for thai night, it is a buddhist holiday so we are going to the temple in traditional thai clothes and then traditional dinner afterwards...later this week we are getting hardcore into language and job training, so i'm hoping to jump right in

hello to all and please send me emails updating on yalls lives etc. 

peace

4 comments:

  1. hey sarah! you haven't been gone too long and it sounds like you're already having an amazing experience. been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to celebrate a buddhist holiday! i'm jealous!
    -brandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are going to be taking lots of pictures so we can see Thailand! Also...you must eat some good lemon grass chicken sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently I have another friend in the peace corp in Kazahstan (sp?). It's something I always thought about but don't think I could actually do. I'm so proud of you and just looked at your new facebook pictures :)

    ReplyDelete