Friday, December 4, 2009

Time Flies

I left America 10 months ago! Thanksgiving has come and gone and my family will be arriving in exactly 2 weeks for what is sure to be the vacation of a lifetime. I can't believe it is almost Christmas and I can't wait.

Thanksgiving in Bangkok was what Thanksgiving is supposed to be about: family and over indulging. Though my family was not here, my fellow Peace Corps Volunteers were, and they are like family. And no I did not over indulge on turkey and potatoes, but any foreign food I could get my hands on, an obscene amount of wine, and dancing! Just the way I like it...

I'm back at site for two weeks of busy planning. We are trying to get the recycling bank off the ground before I leave and my youth development camp will now have 200 students attending. The weather is pleasant but still a tad hot. I am back on my bike and almost walking like a normal person again (though I'm afraid my dance moves may never be the same). This weekend marks a huge Thai holiday, Father's day, also the King's birthday. I'm sure there will be much activity.

I'm feeling pretty good and can't wait for the next few months and to see what my next year in Thailand will bring.

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment