Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I’m sitting in my room, after just having finished a spicy plate of food with the fan directed straight into my face as I try and cool off. That’s right the hot season has returned. This time last year I was living in Lopburi going through training and hardly had a chance to notice the heat. I’m afraid its going to be a little different this year!

Since my last update I have been busy. I made my monthly visit to Bangkok to attend my first HIV/AIDS gig meeting which was extremely productive. We have lots of ideas to serve our fellow volunteers better and I’m excited to be part of this initiative. I also went to my final VAC meeting. This past year I was part of the Volunteer Action Committee and we are now turning over the duties to a new group of elected peers. While in Bangkok, I enjoyed good food, late nights with friends celebrating birthdays, and lots silliness. We even woke up at 5:30(after only two hours of sleep) to head to a BBQ restaurant to watch the superbowl. It was super fun and the food was super delicious. What a great game!

I ended up staying in Bangkok longer than expected because of doctor’s appointment and then headed straight to my friend Eric’s site to help with his English camp. I love visiting other volunteer’s at their sites and this was no exception. We had a great time singing Thai songs, playing Scrabble and hanging out with the locals. The English camp went really well too.

I returned home, exhausted but happy to be back. This week has mostly been about catching up on email, project work and planning the next few months. All is going well. In fact I will travel to the city tomorrow to pick up the funds that will allow us to install the water filtration system this weekend! Very exciting! We should also hear back soon if we are to receive grant money to finish the recycling bank (hopefully within the next 2 weeks). Will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment