Thursday, January 6, 2011
2010 to 2011
Here some of the most memorable moments from my past year. They are in no particular order and are not necessarily the best or worst moments, just the most memorable.
1. Saying goodbye to Mom, Dad and Will after their trip to Thailand knowing I would not see them for another year.
2. Celebrating one year in Thailand.
3. Celebrating one year as a Peace Corps Volunteer.
4. Opening of the recycling center in my community.
5. Birth of my host sister's daughter, Pam.
6. Seeing Vietnam with Heather and Kelsi.
7. Spending four days on Koh Samed with tons of other PCVs.
8. Having my hair accidentally dyed blue.
9. Pulling off 5 English camps in 5 weeks with Pi Jam.
10. Taking the GRE, twice.
11. Raising $1555.00 for my HIV/AIDS project.
12. Celebrating my 24th birthday with friends in the village.
13. Applying to grad school.
14. COS conference in Cha-am.
15. Thanksgiving dinner at the American Embassy in Bangkok.
16. The passing of my host father and the 5 day funeral.
17. Attending the wedding of a fellow PCV.
18. Seeing Pi Jam graduate with a Master's Degree in English
19. Christmas morning on Koh Yao Noi at our beach cabin and Good View Restaurant.
Things I look forward to in 2011:
1. Finishing the HIV project.
2. Last week in Bangkok with Group 121 in February.
3. Being accepted to grad school (already accepted to Monterey, still waiting on the other 7 schools).
4. Spending time with my host family.
5. Isaan weekends.
6. Last bus ride to Bangkok.
7. Finishing my service as a Peace Corps Volunteer.
8. Meeting Mom and Dad in the Dubai International Airport.
9. Traveling around Tanzania with Will and parents.
10. Pulling into Rio Vista at 1 pm on April 4th!
11. Sleeping in my old room/bed.
12. Seeing friends and family.
13. Figuring out what to do with the next two years.