Friday, January 23, 2009

Preparing for Departure

Hi all,

This is my first blog, actually my first reason to blog and I hope it will be a good way for me to share my thoughts and experiences during my Peace Corps Adventure in Thailand. I will be serving in the Peace Corps from January 26, 2009 until mid-April 2011 as a Community Based Organizational Development (CBOD) Volunteer in Group 121. I am thrilled with my assignment and so excited to start learning Thai and to learn more about my new job!

In my last few days while stateside, I am picking out books to take, making sure my bags don't weigh too much (80 lbs. limit!), and eating all my favorite American foods (cheese grits tonight!). My family and friends have all been amazing as I prepare for departure; they even through a surprise dinner party for me that my friends from college to traveled to Richmond to be a part of!

More to come when there is more to say; leaving for San Fransisco at 4 am on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment