Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gotta get up with my promise! Today was a great day for site. I got to sleep in until 9 am (woot woot), eat a quick breakfast and then I was off to spend the day at my favorite school with one of my favorite teachers, Pi Jam. Today we prepared students for the national english exam, ate mangoes and chatted about projects. I also brought photos of my family vacation to show the students. After editing out the pictures of us drinking cocktails or all the beer labels we encountered I had a pretty good slideshow. And though the pictures were of their own country the students had tons of questions. Luckily I could navigate myself through this situation with my Thai, until we got to Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Try to explain that in any other language!! I ended up telling them that its very old, they used elephants to build it, and it was hidden in the jungle for many years. That pretty much sums it up, right?

When I arrived home after my Thai lesson I was greeted in English by a fancy looking lady that was cooking food with my host dad and his friends. Turns out she used to own a restaurant in Ubon and now lives in California. We had a great time speaking Thinglish and comparing Thailand to America. It was an enjoyable evening. Sometimes speaking English really can put me in a great mood.

The weather was gorgeous today and we have a hard rain coming down. I can't wait to get in bed with a good book. Ah, the peace corps life!


PS: The peonies that my family brought from America have been planting and are starting to sprout up. I even spotted one bulb today!

No comments:

Post a Comment