Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back from BKK safe and sound, but absolutely exhausted. It was a good time had by all, bowling, shopping (new Jimmy Choo purse!), a few beers here and there (haha) and generally spending too much money. I have to say that when I arrived back to my village at 6 am this morning and walked from the bus stop to my house in the rain that I was glad to be there. It was great to see all my friends, but Bangkok is OVERWHELMING and the American food there makes my stomach hurt. I was glad to get back to rice and fruit. Also while I was in Bangkok I was a part of my first VAC meeting. The meeting went well and I am so happy to be involved and representing my fellow volunteers. After the meeting we spent the day in the PC lounge playing Scrabble. My skills have gone way down hill. I totally quit after my friend Beau played all of his letters for the 2nd time of the game! While at the office we met a volunteer who is serving in Cambodia now. We all swapped stories and learned that most of our neighboring volunteers don't have electricity or running water. This volunteer powers up by using a car battery. It is interesting to think about how close we are but how our experiences are probably all so different. 

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy Choo!?!? I need you to buy me stuff and send me the bill!

    ReplyDelete