Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Turn of Events

So the manicure place wasn't open and my friend didn't want to play bay dtong because she had just got back from the doctor and thought it was going to rain. I chatted with the villagers for a bit and arrived at home to see a yard full of people just in time to see a pig get slaughtered and a chicken get boxed up to be taken away for cock fighting. Mind you I have already seen a cow get slaughtered today. Luckily my host dad brought me some actual real salad for dinner, no meat! No plans to become a vegetarian (I already tried that once) but I've seen enough for one day, well really one year. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    My name is Ari and I was a PCV in Ghana '06-'08. Now I'm in Chiang Mai for the summer on a law school program, doing an internship for an NGO. Chiang Mai seems cool, but I'm interested in learning about Thailand, and while Lonely Planet has a lot of fun suggestions for how to spend my limited time here, that's not exactly what I'm going for.

    So....I'm looking for PCVs who live within 5 hours or so of Chiang Mai. I realize you're not running a hotel, so I'd be happy to stay at a nearby guesthouse. I would just ask that you tell me how to get to your site and hang out with me for a bit. Yes, I realize this may sound a bit odd (or maybe you get one of these a week), and you may be wondering why you should respond to me...good question...Third goal? You can do it right here in Thailand! If that doesn't get you, I'd be happy to bring you gifts from Chiang Mai (just let me know what you're into). Also, "fortune favors the bold" is my new favorite phrase.

    If you're not anywhere near Chiang Mai I would appreciate it if you could forward me to someone who is within 5 hours or so. My email address is apeskoe at gmail. My old Ghana blog, that included the obligatory disclaimer, is http://aripeskoe.blogspot.com and some of my pictures are at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aripeskoe

    Note: i'll be posting this on a bunch of PC Thailand blogs. Just trying to plant as many seeds as possible or something.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete